CUZ I SAID SO!

Celebrity stories and gossip that make you go "W.T.F?"

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

No walk in the park!

Sometime within the last few days some homeless people have made the parkette near my house their home. They seem to keep to themselves until the evening when they are finished with their bottle of poison. In the evening they get loud and we can hear them if the windows are open Most of the time they lie under the trees near the back of the park and generally don't bother anyone.
My beef is that they have two dogs. A lab and a pitbull. Yes, a pitbull! The dogs are constantly barking and they don't appear to be very healthy or cared for. The pitbull is large also. I am terrified to bring my small poodle into that park now!
The police were there today and told them to leave. They left and at this very moment are back!
I am livid. I pay taxes. They don't. I have to walk completely out of my way to avoid this parkette and the vagrants with their out of control pets.
I called animal control. Do you know what animal control told me? Due to the fact that these people are homeless and do not have a fixed address they cannot do anything to fine them! In other words, people who work hard to have a roof over their heads can be fined but, not these people who somehow manage to find money for cigarettes and alcohol.
I have been worried sick about this pitbull. My poor dog would be an h'ordeuve for the massive pitbull!
Animal control told me that unless the pitbull attacks another dog or human being they cannot do anything! And the best part is that if it is does strike I have to go to court because I made a call to complain. Sheesh! No wonder people simply do not want to get involved anymore.
I said to the animal control guy "This is like telling me that a pediophile is two doors away and I have a young child and you CANNOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL THEY STRIKE?"
He didn't see any similarity. You would think working for animal control he would have a little compassion for animals.........no.
I simply do not understand this logic and am very upset. Thus, have not slept due to worry and thus, have not been blogging.
It is only a matter of time before that pitbull strikes. I hear it barking and growling like crazy whenever a person or animal passes in it's path. The clock is ticking and folks, there is nothing we can do about it.
Welcome to Canada. Home of the incredibly stupid by-laws.
CUZ I SAID SO!

16 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette said...

Call City TV...it seems that if a story appears on TV..then the government does something.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

Hey Ben, we think alike. I just wrote to the city councillor. A huge letter. I told him I am giving him an opportunity to address this and if nothing is done I am going to CITY PULSE.

Siverman helps here I come!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Linda,

Didn't Ontario just pass a law banning pit bulls? That's totally ludicrous that Animal Control cannot help you. I second the idea to call City TV and also encourage you to call the Humane Society. If they think that Pit Bull and the other dog are not being well taken care of, they may come and take possession of the animals. If they think that Pit Bull is being trained to be agressive, they will seize it on the spot.

Nadia

9:20 PM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

OK, HE RESPONDED~!! Told me he has got several emails and calls complaining. The police and animal control are being dispatched

7:40 PM  
Blogger NICOLEPOO said...

No offence but what makes you think you are better than anyone else. I have just finished reading your blogs and you seem very self-righteous living in your ritzy house with your foofoo dog.

In one sentence you say how the "rich people" in yorkville judge you - while you have the nerve in the next blog to judge the homeless person.

Easy for you to say with your frilly little tight-ass chiauhau dog and posh treats - maybe these men have the dogs as company and security and can't afford a foofoo $5000 dog like you!

Who are you to judge?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

Nicole Poo - tsk tsk now who's judging you don't know me. If you did you would know at one point when I was 17 I had NO PLACE to live either. I was a runaway with nothing. I did something about my situation. I worked my butt off and still do to this day. If you read my blog on the homeless you would know I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM with them personally. I have a problem with the dog they cannot control and use to terrorize the neighbourhood. I have a problem with a grown man exposing his genitals to children and getting away with it. I have a problem with paying taxes and abiding by the law while someone who has no fixed address doesn't have to and has more rights then I do. I have a problem with people like you who feel sorry for these people and perhaps give them money for food when all they want is a 40 oz of vodka. They have problems but, the help has been offered. I wrote the city and they have offered them help, offered them shelter THEY DO NOT WANT IT. I have no pity for them. I have been in the same situation...so please don't even try the "You don't know what it is like". I did not want to live like that....obviously they do.
I love my house, I love my dog and I love my life. I am proud of who I am and I refuse to have to avoid a park because of people who enjoy Intimidating the neighbourhood.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

Nicole Poo.....my dog was not $5000 DOLLARS.....She was $500 and honey, I would of gladly paid $5,000 for her.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

By the way, the dog is a POODLE not a chihuaha and she also listens way better than you do.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't justify the blog anymore. You don't have to. Obviously this "Nicole Poo" did not take the time to read what your concerns were, nor did she read your Yorkvill blog properly. You didn't say "RICH" people were judging you. You said that people thought just because they were in the area that they were something special. If Nicole Poo wants to help, let her take these people and the aggressive dog into her neighbourhood or better yet her house.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous blogfan said...

Hey, waste no more time. Nicole Poo.......shit is her last name.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Shelley said...

Ignorant poster! People like this Nicole chick are the self righteous ones. Preach and preach about judging and are the first to do it.
Personally, I think is someone paid half as much attention to her as you do to your dog she wouldn't have deep rooted neurosis.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous NorthYorker said...

I also live in the area. The dog is not being used as security,(as suggested by the naive Nicole Poo or Nicole Bullshit......it is being used as a weapon.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Nicole leave my mama alone or I'll......Ill......lick you to death.
She is just trying to defend me...so shut up and go read someone else's blogs.
You are not welcome here.

Chelsea The Poodle who has a higher intelligence level than you do and is loved by many.
Jealousy will get you no where.

Woof woof.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Bernadette said...

Nicolepoo..interesting name. It's her comment that sounds judgemental and self-righteous. All animals, big or small are wonderful gifts from God. But any gift can be used the wrong way if the person in possession of the gift chooses to use it unwisely. Unfortunately too many 'pitbull' owners choose to be careless or agressive or unwise. I watched a man outside my apartment building yesterday with his pitbull (I was on the balcony). I admit that I am afraid of big dogs. I've never been bitten, but I don't want to be either. However, this man had his dog on a lease and seemed in control of the dog. The dog was friendly (even with children that approached the man and his dog...despite my biting my nails). That's all we ask. If you have a big dog...please have the decency to keep your dog on a lease in public places. It's not too much to ask. And Nicolepoo...interesting that your name does end in crap...cause that's what your comment was full of.

12:30 PM  
Blogger glor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:36 PM  
Blogger glor said...

Hey Linda, sorry I got in late on this blog, I've been out of it. I didn't know people got nasty on blogs...I thought everyone has better things to do with their lives. I agree with most of what other people have said, it seems "nicolepoo" misunderstand, misread and misinterpreted everything you said. I'm a strong believer in staying strong for a cause and if she's all for the homeless, then good for her. But make an informed argument, instead of ranting and raving based on misplaced assumptions.
Interestingly...haven't heard from her again. I wonder what she'd have to say about all the comments that have been made. I know it's not nice to have your comments trampled on but if you're going to post, deal with it and defend what you write. Otherwise, she should admit her accusations were lame and get on with it.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home