CUZ I SAID SO!

Celebrity stories and gossip that make you go "W.T.F?"

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Job update

Hi, for those of you wondering on my job hunt. Had two interviews with six different people for a job and was called for references.

They called me today and let me know it was between me and one other person. The six people who interviewed BOTH of us were split right down the middle. Although, they all like us, three preferred me and three the other person. They were going to let our references decide.....we BOTH had stellar references.

It would of been easier had they said the other person got the job but, that is not what they said. They said they were so undecisive and could not reach a compromise that they are not hiring either of us. They are going to be recruiting from scratch.

I am dissapointed as it was a fantastic job opportunity but, let's face it do I really want to work for a company who cannot make a decision as simple as this one? If we were both such fantastic applicants how could they be silly enough to let BOTH of us go??

Anyhow, I hope to start my career counselling course which my last job so kindly provided free of charge to me. I plan on taking full advantage of that.

In the meantime.....let the search continue!!

CUZ I SAID SO!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nadia said...

Linda,

If they are so stupid as to let both of you go, you dont want to work for them anyway.

Nadia

2:51 PM  
Blogger Bernadette said...

No you do not want to work with people who can't make up their minds. Ai carumba!!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Eclecta said...

Hey Linda,

Believe it or not, I was in exactly the same situation a year and a half ago. I had three interviews and two tests with a prospective employer, and it came down to me and another guy who already worked there. Their decision was to go back to the pool of candidates. Very disappointing to say the least. But you know what? Two months later, they called me back to see if I'd be interested in another job, and after yet another interview and test, I was hired! It's the job I have now, and I am so grateful I got this job and not the first one I applied for!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you that something much more amazing is just around the corner for you!

By the way, what is your field? Based on your blog, I would say you're obviously intelligent and creative ... who wouldn't want someone like that working for them???

Cynthia

9:20 PM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

Hi Elcecta!!
My work experience is mostly administrative assistant/coordinator type of roles.
Congrats on having a job you like! Rare to hear.......and actually all I hope for.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home