CUZ I SAID SO!

Celebrity stories and gossip that make you go "W.T.F?"

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Edite!!

Today is my sister Edite's birthday. I think she is 32 - again. Anyhow, I meant to call her this morning but, it was a very rare day that I actually went to work early to set up and help at our company barbecue. I was busy setting up the barbecue and forgot to call. I dashed inside to my desk at around 11am to send her an email but, completely once again was sidetracked by my ever pressing bladder which needed to be emptied.
I got home early and took the dog for a long walk. My hubby's sister called our place tonight which was about something important so I talked to her for two hours.
Still have not talked to Edite. So here I am. Dedicating a blog to wish my sister a Happy Birthday!

I just want to take this opportunity to Thank You for:

1) Perfection - you used to make lemon meringue pies in abundance for us when we were growing up. Until now I have not tasted one that comes close to yours. In fact I have given up trying.

2) Acceptance - When you were a teen and in your early twenties you took Suzy, Nancy and I with you and your friends everywhere you went even though you didn't have to. Too bad then when you met John - because of daddy - you unwillingly were forced to bring one of us with you as a chaperone. Hey, if you makes you feel any better we weren't thrilled to have to tag along like a fifth wheel.

3) Hard Work - Remember how you used to pay me fifty cents to massage your feet for you?? I used to smile all the way to the candy store. You also got me my first job at the dry cleaners when I was 13. Obviously that was when they had NO child labour laws in effect.

4) Laughter - You laugh like you mean it. Everyone should laugh like you!

5) Inspiration - The way in which you love your family. You are a great wife and superb mother. A superb mother DOES know and care where her daughter is at ALL times. Take your hand reach it over your shoulder........yep, give yourself a pat on the back.

I know it's not a phone call, too late to send you a card and I am sure you received a lot of emails. I remember you told me that every morning at work you click onto my blog page and read my latest blog with your coffee. So how appropriate to wish you well using this medium.

Please accept this blog as my Happy Birthday wish to you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDITE!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nadia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDITE!

I have to add one thing to your great list, Linda. Edite is always complimenting others- often complimenting me to the point that I really dont think I deserve that much praise. I have to say that Edite is always thinking of others, and always makes others feel good about themselves. Which is why I like being around her SO much!!!!

Nadia

7:38 AM  
Blogger Bernadette said...

Edite has a heart of gold. I'm blessed to have her as my cousin! (Yeah so I feel that way about all of you, but you didn't turn 30 this year...she is four months younger than me...yes...just us young 30 year olds....heehee)

Ben

1:58 PM  
Blogger H.Defreitas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Get wasted!! and party!!

Woooooo

Helder

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home