Linda for Prime Minister!!
I was one of the thousands of viewers who watched Paul Martin's painful attempt to address Canadians about the sponsership scandal last week. I thought it was pathetic. This man is running our country. His public relations people thought they were so smart to stick a photo of Paul and the Mrs in the corner of the room. What that suppose to reinforce him as an honest family man??? Ha! I found that to be the single most insulting thing about his speech. That picture to me was so distracting. It bothered me because they really think that we as Canadians are that stupid. That they can play with our emotions and convince us so easily. I also was embarassed that our country is being run by an old, blood vessel blotch faced man who not only didn't write his own speech but, appeared to be reading it for the first time. As soon as the six minute address was over I turned to my husband and said "I can do a better job than this clown of running this country!"
What would be the most important items on my agenda?
Glad you asked.
1)Healthcare - This would be the first item I would address. It is so wrong when so many people need healthcare and so many beds are empty. It is wrong when the people we should be holding in the highest esteem - our doctors, our nurses, our interns, our specialists, our health professionals are not funded properly nor given the proper tools and resources they need to do what they were trained to do. It is near to impossible to find a doctor in this city if you don't already have one. People are being diagnosed with life threatening illnesses too little too late because they can't get to the specialist fast enough. Waiting lists are too long and too plentiful. This needs our immediate attention!
2) Criminal Punishment - I am proud of our police force and think they do a great job on the most part but, our justice system could certainly use some fine tuning. Pediophiles are let back into the system and they are still sick demented bastards ready to strike again. People are here from other countries because their own country of birth will not let them back due to an extensive criminal record but, hey WELCOME TO CANADA......What do you need? We'll give it to you.
Not on my clock honey. Prison time will be done and it will be as bad and as ugly as the crime committed if not worse. There will be no T.V, no cigarettes, no alcohol, no magazines, no visits from anybody, no books. IT WILL BE PRISON. You will work, clean, eat, shit and go to sleep praying you get out early for good behavior. How can we expect people to be reformed for henious crimes if jail life offers more than street life does??
3) Homeless People - I work downtown. Maybe I am desensitized. I am sure a handful of these people besides the ones with real mental issues truly do need help but, I am sorry the majority do not. How do you really know? When they say they want money for food and you offer to buy them something to eat and they tell you to screw off.....they ain't that hungry honey.
We need to do something about the people who harass the hard working people who get up every morning to possibly go do a job they don't like but, need to in order to survive (Gee what a concept)
As Prime Minister I would deal with this problem by funding the shelters and the organizations that help these people to get off the street. As for the remaining people who are starving but, have alcohol, cigarettes and their hair dyed every shade of Miss Clairol there is.......they will be fined every time they harass the hard working people who pay taxes.
4) Dogs will be allowed in public places such as shopping malls, drug stores, the post office ....anywhere where food is not being served openly. They should all be leashed or held by their mommies unless they are really well trained. In fact dogs should be allowed anywhere little badly behaved children are. The dogs will win out every time.
5)Unless a man has a set of six pack abs comparable to Justin Timberlake it shall be illegal for him to ever go topless in public. Should he be flashing his gut, This will entail a big fat fine or prison time (see reference to prison above) Women ofcourse will be allowed to go topless as per the current law and as per the current law no women in their right mind will do so because the majority of men in Toronto already look at women like they are naked anyhow. Why fuel the dull fire??
6)Tampons/Pads/pantyliners/midol/advil/motrine - anything related to "womanly woes" will be free. Why should we continue to have to pay because Adam was stupid enough to eat that apple??
7) Gay marriage would be A ok with me. Most of the people who are dead against it seem to be fine with shows like "The Bachelor" where hetersexual people who barely know each other get married.....stats show that 50% of heterosexuals get divorced so let the homosexuals have a chance. They might get it right!!
8) Legalize Pot?? Hmm.... if you have a doctor's note saying it helps your illness and is for medicinal purposes.....go for it. I would be afraid to legalize pot for everyone however. I think pot is like alcohol in the sense that what happens to one person after two drinks may not have the effect of another person who has two drinks. My concern here is people driving under the influence. It is after all an altered state and how would the police be able to tell? People in Toronto can't drive as it is, to have them driving high, eating chips, licorice, peanuts and cookies at the same time just can't be safe.
9) I would however legalize prostitution. I think that way we may be able to have a little more control over it. Put a red light district in a secluded area away from schools, offices and the general public. Keep health records on all the girls, the johns, make sure everybody is safe and healthy. Hey, it is going to happen regardless of what we all think of it. So at least let's try and get it controlled to a place where children don't have to be subjected to it in their neighbourhood and the women who obviously feel they have no other option are safe. And make them all pay taxes! The girls, the johns, all of them. Why should they get a free ride?? (So to speak?)
10) Last and certainly not least we must do something about immigration in this country. Did you know we have the mastermind terrorist behind an alleged planned bombing in the Paris subway living in Montreal?? That's right folks! He is our neighbour. How safe do you feel right now?? It saddens me that siblings are torn from their parents who are sent back to countries where their lives are in danger but, the terrorists and criminals are welcome here. Too many people fall through the cracks. Canada needs to be on it's toes. All the time.
Vote for me. I'm young(ish), fun, passionate, have a vision and will work for shoes.
CUZ I SAID SO!!