CUZ I SAID SO!

Celebrity stories and gossip that make you go "W.T.F?"

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

He's Just Not That Into SHOES

Loving this weather. For the obvious reasons. I can break out my spring wear and my vast collection of open toe shoes! Man, I have a lot of shoes. I have every color, every style, wedge heel, skinny heel, pumps, stiletto's,(never wear them but, they looked so pretty when I bought them) clogs, sandals, thong shoes, see through shoes, shoes that light up (I swear) Ok, two pair of shoes that light up (There was a sale and one never knows when they may need light up shoes if they get stranded at night somewhere). I love shoes. Shoes love me. If that visa commercial was in any way possible - shoes would follow me home. I adore them. You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes. So what would my shoes say about me??

- In a previous life I was a man and not a transvestite. I can't walk on heels if my life depended on it. However, I am ok with thick wedge type shoes that are high. They are easier to walk in. I never said I could walk in them, I just said they are easier ok?
- I am smart and cheap enough to shop at PAYLESS, ZELLERS AND Wal-Mart for shoes. Yeah, yeah, they are cheap shoes but, then I get to buy lots and lots and replace them every season or so. If I was dropping a lot of bucks on shoes I simply would not be able to do this. Also this way if you like more than one color your purchase will be guilt free because at payless the second pair is always half price!
- My eyes are bigger than my feet. I always buy shoes based on cute ness. I NEVER buy shoes for comfort. I always want to kick myself later but, continue to buy uncomfortable cute shoes. I grin and bear it. I am a complete slave to fashion. I admit it. My feet hate me but, who cares what those smelly, swollen, ugly things think?
- I love variety. Variety is the spice of footwear. I always find the perfect shoe to complete the perfect outfit and have shoes for every type of occasion.

My husband puts up with my obsession. In fact for a man, he has a lot of shoes. He does acknowledge this and Thankfully for his own good he rarely comments on my ever growing shoe collection. He knows they make me happy and when I'm happy he's happy. He's a smart man. I do proudly show off my new shoe purchases to him and repeat over and over what a great deal I got. He normally says to me "Don't you already have a pair of shoes like that?" And I retort quickly "They are similar but, these heels are a half inch shorter and have a pretty flower on the ankle..........SEE??" and hubby shakes his head and says "Your right! I should of noticed that " As though it was the most obvious thing. He just says this to appease me. Very smart man

As much as he tries though he doesn't really get it. Men don't understand our fascination with shoes any more than we comprehend their sport stats memory bank, their love for certain cars and their T-shirt they got in that beer case collection. Shoes make women feel good. Shoes can bring life to an old outfit and accentuate individuality. Most men only own a few pairs of shoes. Slippers perhaps for inside the house. Old hack shoes for odd jobs in the back yard. A pair of winter boots and work shoes. Maybe a pair of dress shoes. (You can always tell those because they have cobwebs on them ) That is all they require.
Usually all their shoes are either black or brown. Boring if you ask me. Men
have many other interests but, they are just not into shoes.

They say that it's the little things in life that make us happy in the end. This is true. For me, there are so many little, simple things that bring me pleasure. I don't ask for much except maybe in the words of Ed Sullivan "A REALLY BIG SHOE!"

CUZ I SAID SO!

5 Comments:

Blogger H.Defreitas said...

He should just buy a shoe company, that would probably be smarter & cheaper.LOL(kiddin)

In the last two weeks, my wife has come home with three pairs(and she shops at Yorkdale/Sherway/and now the Vaughan Mills.) I know what your going through Steve, but it's all great. Cause when they come home with those shoes, it's like they won the lottery.
Whatever keeps them happy.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

My name is Nadia and I am a purs-oholic.

The way some women feel about shoes, I feel about purses.

I have them in every shape, size, colour (okay- so 3/4 of them are black) and material that you can imagine.

My hubby, Rob, has officially forbidden me to come home with any more bags unless I get rid of some that I have at home. Of course, I ignore him.

I too buy cheaper versions of the latest purse styles, and only once in a while buy a nice leather expensive one that will last for years and years.

I have to admit that I tend to go for more classic styles in shoes and purses - so that they will last me longer and not look out of date in about a week.

My 2 cents,

Nadia

7:47 AM  
Blogger Chelsea's Mama said...

Heh heh, great attitude Helder! That is how Steve feels. It makes me happy and as I said.....when I am happy, he is happy.

Nadia, now that you mention it, I NEED A NEW PURSE!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Bernadette said...

Shoes...purses...hmmmm anyone ever watch the TLC show that teaches people that more is NOT better....I too like shoes...and clothes...and videos etc...etc...until I had to move a couple of years ago. Now I make it a practice to go through my closet etc twice a year and donate to Goodwill. It keeps my place under reasonable control and opens up more room in case I win the lottery and start buying a lot of stuff. HEEHEE

2:52 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Hi Ben!

Thanks for the reminder. Rob and I go through our closets and donate to the Goodwill or Salvation Army about twice a year too, but I haven't done it yet...I will now that you mentioned it!

Nadia

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home